Best of Santorini and Athens: 5 Nights / 6 Days
Welcome to Santorini and Athens!
You will either love or hate these destinations. Explore the multicolored cliffs that soar above the sea-drowned caldera of Santorini and the ancient buildings of Athens. This is an adventure that will definitely take your breath away.
- 3 nights’ accommodation at 3* hotel in Athens (Best Western Museum Hotel or similar), in standard room, on Bed and Breakfast basis.
- 2 nights’ accommodation at 3* hotel in Santorini (Dream Island Hotel or similar), in standard room, on Bed and Breakfast basis.
- Round trip transfers in Athens (for both stays) on private basis.
- Round trip transfers in Santorini on sharing basis.
- Ferry tickets Piraeus-Santorini-Piraeus, economy class.
- Athens half day city tour (SIC), including seat on the bus (pick-up & drop-off services from/to hotel in Athens included), professional English speaking guide as well as entrance fees.
- Volcano, Hot Springs, Thirassia Island & Oia Sunset full day tour (SIC), including seat on the bus for r/t transfers from/to the hotel in Santorini, boat trip, as well as experienced English speaking escort on board (Volcano’s entrance fees Euro 2.5 per person and lunch while in Thirassia island are not included – are payable on the spot).
- VAT and all legal taxes, except of stay-over/city tax as per important note here below
- Lunches and/or dinners
- Drinks and/or beverages
- Porterage in/out the hotels
- Visa’s arrangements (except of invitation letter if required) and/or travel insurance
- Tips and/or personal expenses
- Stay-over/city tax as per important note here below
- Any other service not particularly mentioned here above
The cost of package is per person sharing, which means that 2 persons will be sharing a room and paying the same rate each.
The above rates do not include the additional stay-over tax (city tax), which is applicable, to all reservations for hotel accommodation, from January 1st, 2018.
The stay-over tax is to be paid directly by the clients to each hotel –upon check in–.
Hotels are allowed to refuse the check in to the clients, if they do not pay the tax.
Amounts as follows:
* 5* Hotels 4,00 euros per room per night
* 4* Hotels 3,00 euros per room per night
* 3* Hotels 1,50 euros per room per night
Day 1: Athens
Welcome to Greece! Our driver will be waiting for you to greet you at the airport of Athens at your arrival. You will be driven to the hotel in Athens, the capital of Greece.
Athens is the historical capital of Europe, with a long history, dating from the first settlement in the Neolithic age. In the 5th Century BC (the “Golden Age of Pericles”) – the culmination of Athens’ long, fascinating history – the city’s values and civilization acquired a universal significance. Over the years, a multitude of conquerors occupied Athens, and erected unique, splendid monuments – a rare historical palimpsest. In 1834, it became the capital of the Modern Greek state and in two centuries since it has become an attractive modern metropolis with unrivalled charm. Rest of the day at leisure to check in and relax. Overnight at hotel in Athens
Day 2: Athens
Enjoy your breakfast at hotel in Athens. Today, pick up for the Organized Athens Sightseeing.This tour gives you an opportunity to observe the striking contrasts that make Athens such a fascinating city. Our expert guides will take you to see the Panathenaic Stadium where the first Olympic Games of modern times were held in 1896 (short stop). Continue and pass by the Prime Minister’s residence (ex Royal Palace) guarded by the Euzones in their colourful uniform, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Hadrian’s Arch, the Parliament and the memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the Academy, the University, the National Library, the Constitution Square (Syntagma). On the Acropolis visit the Architectural Masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: The Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion and finally;the harmony between material and
spirit, the monument that "puts order in the mind", the Parthenon. Continue and visit the place where at last the statues found their home and admire the wonders
of the classical era: The new Acropolis museum. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Athens(B)
Day 3: Athens / Santorini
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel in Athens
Departure transfer to the port in order to reach the ferry to Santorini. Upon arrival, pick up for your transfer to the hotel. Check in and rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight in Santorini (B)
Day 4: Santorini
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel in Santorini
Free day on the island. Take advantage of the under crowded alleys of the island in winter time, admire the view of the unique sunset in Oia village or get to know the streets of Fira town. Overnight in Santorini (B)
Day 5: Santorini / Athens
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel in Santorini
Departure transfer to the port of Santorini in order to reach the ferry back to Athens. Upon arrival, pick up for your transfer to the hotel. Check in and overnight in Athens. (B)
Day 6: Athens
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel in Athens and check out.
Pick up from your hotel to the International Airport of Athens to reach your flight back (B)
Come with us on for some adventure at Tanzania’s fourth largest national park. A 3-4 hour drive from Dar, Mikumi National Park is home to an amazing range of wildlife; and it is open to visitors all year round. Remember to take shots of the majestic baobab landscapes as well as the elegant back hardwood trees and grassy plains.
Experience Jordan, walk through history in Jerash, regarded as one of the most important and best preserved Roman cities in the Middle East. Tour the old city of Amman exploring the Citadel and the Roman Theatre, two of the most popular archaeological sites in the city. Explore a Master piece half as old as time; The Red Rose city of Petra. Marvel at the beauty of the ‘Lost City’, exploring its many caves and tombs. Walk through the Siq and be astounded at the magnificent Treasury, the entrance guarding the ancient Nabatean city, now one of the Modern 7 Wonders of the World and also float in the therapeutic salt waters of the Dead Sea.
What more can you ask for than to treat yourself to a 7 days tour of the cape wine-land, Addo National Park, and South-east coast of South Africa. Look for wild animals in their natural environment. zipline over a gorge, walk with the elephants and many more.